Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Project based learning reflection

Yesterday was a very productive day (Monday 6/28/10). I felt like we got a lot done for our final group project. I am looking forward to the final product as I feel I have a better understanding of what is expected of our group; we are also working better as a group-in whole.

The first few days were tough as we tried to figure out our roles and how we could work most efficiently and effectively together. I had some frustrations as I was unsure where we were going with our project. We have three very strong personalities in our group and we really do not know each other that well and two of us have never worked together.

I was also unsure of what our final project was suppose to look like- I think we were all a little unsure. The most difficult part was agreeing what we wanted our project to contain. We were struggling over the most basic, yet important, parts-such as wording.I felt a lot of frustrating and I was unsure where to direct it-I did not want it to affect our ability to work together. We all took a step back and worked on our own-this was therapeutic and enabled us to be productive. We later came together and put our individual parts together to create a whole-this was a good experience.

Good resources were each other. We each had our strengths which added to the picture as a whole-a team; sometimes it is just better to work alone as I know I needed space.
When the puzzle started to look like a picture I felt the stress level decrease substantially-I think it is safe to say that this was true for everyone in the group.
Once I had a better understanding of what was wanted I could actually feel like I was working productively and in the right direction.

This weeks has been much better for me than last week.

1 comment:

  1. Great! What else? This is a 20-pointer so I'm looking for more detail about how you're processing information (yourself and with your group) and how the process of writing, research, methodology and learning shifts are going for you. Cover everything and keep it interesting!

    ReplyDelete